Nowadays, education is not confined to the four walls of a classroom. It has spread its wings far and wide and is under your fingertips as an outcome of advancing technology. Many educational institutes are using technologies to make their Admissions, Examinations, Fee Payment, etc. available online for a streamlined and hassle-free procedure. We, at Edofox, are not an exception to this rule.
Online examination system has an edge over paper-based examination:
- Security Of Examination Paper- An Online examination system enables flexibility and security to the examination process. Once done with all the questions uploaded in the system, it can shuffle and give questions via Online Exam Software in different orders to different students minimizing the risk of cheating, which is not possible in a paper-based exam. Furthermore, the chances of getting a paper leaked at different examination centers are also ruled out in a digital exam.
- Fast Processing Of Result-In an online exam, the results are calculated instantly and accurately employing Online Exam Software, which is not the case in paper-based exams.
- No Need Of Examination Centers-In an Online examination system, the exam can be conducted via web camera and microphones known as Remote Proctoring. Thousands of students can appear for the exam without visiting examination centers, cutting down on travel costs and accommodation. This, in turn, solves the problem of scheduling exams across various exam centers, hiring invigilators, providing security to these centers, etc.
- Reduction Of Logistical Costs-In an online exam, the logistics cost is minimum as the Examination Process is regulated by Online Exam Software, unlike a paper-based exam, where factors like exam centers, hiring invigilators, question papers and answer sheets, deliverance on time, etc. have to be taken into account, involving high logistics cost.
- Perfect Fit For Subjective Exams-Online subjective exams entails a candidate to write answers in simple English language with special symbols and provisions like speech-to-text, uploading images of diagrams drawn by students using Online Exam Software. Examiners can assess subjective answers easily via individual log-in.
- Cost Cutting of Exam Fees-Due to the easy accessibility and flexibility of an Online examination system, the cost of exam per candidate is Rs. 10-50, whereas, for paper-based, it is Rs.300-400 thereby making digital examination a feasible option.
- Supervision Done Remotely-Online examination system can be managed in auto surveillance mode, involving a connection between a web camera to the system taking snapshots of the candidate for the exam, acting as an invigilator, contrary to paper-based exams.
- Question Paper Generated In An Easy Way-Out-Designing a question paper in an Online examination system is relatively easy as compared to the uphill task involved in a paper-based exam, reducing chances of paper leakage also.
- Flexibility In Managing Exams-An online examination provides you the flexibility to design exam papers, evaluate and grade them through Online Exam Software, unlike a conventional paper-based exam where even minor corrections are not possible.
- Analysis Of Result And Ranking-In an online exam, the result in the analysis is easy and instant, providing detailed analysis, ranking, rations subject or topic wise analysis. In a traditional exam, the result is manually generated and is a huge administrative task.
Thus, the Online examination system is a boon for the entire education functionalities and is here to stay if not permanently, then certainly for an indefinite period of time.