Nowadays, the world over is adapting to technology and digitization for delivering value to students, enabling teachers to make the teaching process a fun-loving, interactive experience, with coming-of-age data plans, smartphones, and tablets becoming household names. The advent of smart classrooms, where teachers teach on smart and interactive boards, naturally pave the way for Online assessment platforms and Online examination software, ensuring the assessments are conducted safely and solving teachers’ problem of time management. We, at Edofox, the Best online exam software, always see to it that teachers and students alike benefit from our service.
An Online assessment platform has the following features:
- Secure Browser-This feature is used to prevent candidates from opening new windows or browsers, prohibiting them from switching tabs.
- IP Address-Based Proctoring-This feature blocks access to invalid IP along with termination of the exam.
- Audit-Logging-The exam activities like login logout time, start and end of the exam, exam navigation, the clicking of the mouse, etc., are tracked down by the Online assessment platform with the Audit Logging feature.
- Image-Based Proctoring-It is used for capturing photos of candidates for checking discrepancies.
- Video Proctoring-The web camera, Online examination software, is used by a supervisor to keep a tab on the candidate giving the exam.
- Audio Proctoring-It is used for capturing even the softest sound like the whispering of people, flipping of pages, etc.
- Object Detection-Any suspicious movements like referring to books or using electronic devices are detected by the Online assessment platform.
- User Facial Recognition-This is an AI-powered Online examination software, probably the best online exam software, used to verify the candidate’s identity via a web camera.
- Live Chatting-Chatbot is yet another AI-powered feature, which uses live chatting to solve queries of candidates during exams, ending up saving time.
Education Sector should adopt an Online assessment platform for the following reasons:
- Acts as a driving force for students to learn, understand and recall better.
- Provides healthy competition.
- Capable of performing all learning activities online.
- Safest and most reliable option in the current scenario.
- Tons of features simplify the process of conducting exams.
Online assessment platform better than Classroom-based assessment for:
- Provides the option to fill forms from anywhere, having access to an e-copy of hall ticket via mail, unlike classroom-based assessment.
- Exam credentials are displayed through text messages using candidates’ login.
- Abundant features helping supervisors to monitor candidates from any location, which is not the case in classroom-based assessment.
- Examiners are provided with credentials to log into the Cloud where the answer sheets are stored, evaluating answer sheets online and uploading them on Cloud, with the system generating results after marks calculation.
- Saves needless traveling and investments in infrastructure and manual work as opposed to classroom-based assessment.
Online assessment platform has the following impacts on the educational sector:
- Digital question papers are stored digitally on the Cloud in an encrypted format and decrypted before the commencement of the exam.
- Fast and accurate result generation.
- Elimination of exam centers, enabling candidates to give exams from any remote locations, with invigilators monitoring them from anywhere and examiners evaluating answer sheets online.
- Reduction in administrative and infrastructure costs.
- Remote proctoring features prevent candidates from cheating.
- Flexibility in conducting exams from any geographical location having different time zones.
- Analyzing candidates’ performance, also predicting their future performances.
Thus, the impacts of the Online assessment platform on the Education Sector in 2021, are undoubtedly advantageous, convenient, fruitful, and profitable.