The definition of ‘education’ has undergone a sea change in the past few years with the advent of state-of-the-art technology. Nowadays, many educational institutes are employing technology for Admissions, Examinations, Fee payment, etc. with a view to streamlining and track down the entire educational process. We, at Edofox, the leading ONLINE EXAM PLATFORM, always live up to our ideal of providing a hassle-free examination to the benefit of teachers and students alike.
Online examination system enjoys certain advantages over paper-based examinations:
- Guarantees Security Of Exam Paper-An Online examination system provides flexibility and security to the examination process. Once done with the uploading of the questionnaires, the system can shuffle and give different questions to different students, minimizing the chance of cheating and leakage of question papers unlike in paper-based exams.
- Enables Fast Processing Of Result-In an ONLINE EXAM PLATFORM, the results are calculated instantly and accurately, which is not the case in a paper-based exam.
- Do Away With Examination Centers In an Online examination system, the exam can be conducted anywhere via web camera and microphone, known as Remote Proctoring. Hundreds and thousands of students can appear for the exam conducted remotely, without having to spend money on travel and accommodation costs, which also minimizes the problem of scheduling exams across different exam centers, hiring invigilators, providing security, etc.
- Reduces Logistical Costs-In an Online Exam Software, the logistics cost is minimum where Examination Process is regulated by technology. It helps a great deal if you’re looking to conduct exams for multiple candidates at various locations, with result processing being done online, hence the reduction in logistical cost, unlike in paper-based exams.
- Compatible For Subjective Exams-Online Subjective Exams are conducted, enabling the candidates to write answers in simple English language with special symbols and provisions like speech-to-text, uploading images of diagrams drawn by students to be evaluated by the examiner via individual log in.
- Reduces Examination Cost-Due to the flexibility of the Online examination system, the exam’s cost per candidate is Rs.10. to Rs 50-a a feasible and affordable choice as opposed to the paper-based exam, where the cost is Rs.300 to Rs.400.
- Supervises On A Remote Scale-Online examination system can be managed with auto surveillance mode, involving a web camera connected to the system, taking snapshots of the candidate during exams, and acting as a supervisor thereby saving time and cost-a complete contrast to the paper-based exam.
- Simplifies Oral or Viva Exam-In an ONLINE EXAM PLATFORM, oral or viva can be conducted for a large number of candidates by recording individual answers in the system for reviews later on.
- Generates Question Paper-Designing a question paper in an Online examination system is comparatively easy than designing in a paper-based one as it minimizes the chance of paper leakage.
- Makes Exam Management Flexible-An ONLINE EXAM PLATFORM imparts flexibility to design exam papers, make an evaluation, and grade them, contrary to the paper-based exam format.
- Analyzes Results And Gives Ranks-In an online exam, the result in the analysis is an easy-going affair and performed in an instant, providing detailed analysis, ranking, rations subject or topic wise analysis, beneficial for further decision making or shortlisting process unlike in a traditional exam result processing.
Thus, an Online examination system acts as a veritable tool for automating and simplifying the entire examination procedure in educational institutions.